Richie’s Specialty Pharmacy is pleased to bring to prescribers the ability to apply antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antihistamine medications, or even corticosteroids utilizing a water-washable ointment base. BASSA-GEL™ is a non-prescription water-washable ointment base that may become the preferred delivery method for treating different skin/wound situations where adherence to the application site coupled with a washable functionality is desired.
BASSA-GEL™ is an ointment that can be washed off solely with water that can be used to apply numerous types of medications including, but not limited to, the following: antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antihistamine, corticosteroid (hyperkeratotic skin condition treatments), and local anesthetic.
Patients who might benefit from topically-delivered medications utilizing BASSA-GEL™ could include those who are:
- Diagnosed with bacterial, fungal, or viral infections on the skin anywhere on the body,
- In need of strong adherence of applied medication to the targeted site,
- Not in need of submerging appendages underwater, such as with a foot-spa or bath-irrigation,
- Having toe web space infections,
- Faced with topical skin issues where systemically-absorbed medications are not desired or warranted, or
- Needing topical medications, but are bed-ridden and need easy to apply medications that can be removed with water.
If you are interested in talking with one of our staff about any of the services we offer, please click HERE.