Richie’s has received numerous requests from prescribers for topical oral medications containing anti-infective medications coupled with corticosteroids or antihistamines. Benefits of medications provided in capsules and mixed at the time of administration include:
- Increased shelf-life of the medications,
- Broad array of medications available for prescribing,
- Portability, and
- Generally better taste of the medication.
Patients who might benefit from the topical delivery of such medications could include patients:
- Who have a localized infection in the oral cavity that needs to be treated,
- Who are suffering side effects associated with chemotherapy and-or radiation treatments, or
- Whose prescriber desires to avoid the patient’s systemic absorption of oral medications.
If you are interested in talking with one of our staff about any of the services we offer, please click HERE.