Richie’s Specialty Pharmacy (RSP) serves patients all across the state of Texas with a special focus on compounding and the provision of topically administered medications often prescribed for patients with: nasal infections, lung infections, oral infections, ear infections, skin/wound infections, nail infections, nasal symptom management needs, thick or scaly skin, and pain.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Patients have the right to:
- Be fully informed in advance about services/care to be provided
- Be informed in advance of your financial responsibility and if RSP is an in network or out of network pharmacy with your insurance
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy and respect as a unique individual
- To be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of client/patient property
- An investigation and response to concerns/complaints/dissatisfaction about services furnished in a timely manner
- Receive information in a manner, format and/or language that you understand
- Receive appropriate services without discrimination in accordance with prescriber’s orders
- Participation in the development/revision to your plan of care (if applicable)
- Confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in your patient record
- Be advised on the organization’s policies and procedures regarding the disclosure of your patient record
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding order status, copay amount, claims submissions, grievances/complaints or benefit coverage. If you have any adverse effects to the medication you were given, please contact one of our pharmacists.
To obtain a new prescription, request a refill, or discuss how to transfer a prescription, RSP can be reached during normal business hours Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm at (877) 231-8386. If calling after hours or during a holiday, for urgent matters you have the ability to leave a message and a pharmacist will return your call, 24 hours/7 days a week. You may also leave a message for non-urgent matters or refill request any time by following designated prompts.
Patient Education Information
Your prescription may be filled with a generic equivalent substitution based on state law, equivalency rating, and in accordance with company policy. Please ask one of our pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
If we are unable to fulfill the medication requested by your prescriber, suggestions and guidance on where the medication may be available will be given upon request.
RSP follows the drug recall guidelines created by the FDA, drug manufacturers, drug distributors, and/or state and federal regulatory agencies. RSP will contact you in the event of a recall.
Please contact the pharmacy if you have questions about how to dispose of any unused medication.
RSP has a plan if a disaster occurs. Our goal is to continue to service your needs. If there is a threat of disaster or severe weather, contact us for any medications you may need to make sure you have enough. RSP will use every resource available to continue to make sure we can serve you. While unlikely, there may be times where we cannot meet your needs because of an emergency. In these situations, you must use a local medical facility.
You have the right to express dissatisfaction, concerns or complaints for lack of respect, treatment or service, and to suggest changes in policy, staff, or services without discrimination, restraint, reprisal, coercion, or unreasonable interruption of services.
Please call the pharmacy and ask to speak with a member of management during regular business hours or leave a message if you are calling outside of regular business hours, including weekends and holidays.
The formal grievance procedure of RSP ensures that your concerns/complaints will be reviewed and an investigation started within 5 business days of receipt of the concern/complaint. Every attempt shall be made to resolve all grievances within 14 days. (If more time is needed to resolve the concern/complaint, you will be informed)